Mental Health Statistics
- 50% of all lifetime cases of mental illness begin by age 14
- Over 90% of all completed suicides are associated with mental illness.
- Depression is associated with 60% of all completed suicides.
- 71% of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
- An estimated 25% of adolescents experience depression -- 67% of those fail to receive mental health care.
- The National Institute of Mental Health says bipolar disorder affects about 5.7 million American adults every year.
- 40 million adults in the United States struggle with an anxiety disorder.